Tuesday 24 December 2013

Mermaid/fantasy look

Yesterday I had a lot of fun creating a makeup look on one of my good friends for my portfolio (I wanna be a makeup artist) and this is what I ended up with a sort of mermaid/ fantasy look. So here's afew pictures showing you the different stages of the process, Enjoy...



So this was the sort of first stage of the process, by the time this was taken I had applied mac's studio fix foundation to all of the face and blended it in using my real techniques stippling brush. I then took the body shops concealer stick and applied it to any spot congested areas and all around the eyes to highlight them, then taking soap and glorys translucent  powder I applied that all over the face to set it. Moving on to the eyes I used NYX' jumbo pencil in milk as an eyeshadow base applying all over the lid and slightly under the eyes for a more flawless look ad blended it out, I then took a white eyeshadow over the top of that to make the white even stronger. After that I applied a black eye shadow into the crease and created a triangle shape to really lengthen the eyes and draw them out. After this I went in with barrym' dazzle dust in purple and dabbed it all over the lid for a pop of colour which looked lovely, it did drop down off my brush as you can see in the photo however I left it there as I blended it in later to make her look more... Mermaidy if you like! I also went over the eyebrows with a brow shadow to make them more diffined. 

This was the second stage I went back in on the eyes and made them more pointed on the edges and making them slightly darker for a more dramatic effect. I then started to contour her face with a blue eyeshadow especially where I was going to put the clusters of sparkles across her face, then I went over it in purple to darken the hollows of the cheeks and the forehead and again where the clusters of sparkles were going. I then started to apply the sequins and sparkles to the left side of the face using duo eyelash glue and gently pressing them on with my finger.



Here is a closer picture of this stage :) 



In this photo you can see I have applied a lot more sequins to give that sort of scaley look, I have also used the body shops dark purple lipstick all over the lips (same one as in my 'hooked on purple' blog) to make her lips really pop and the colour goes perfectly with the sparkles. Also I have applied some very long eyelashes but only on one eye to show you the dramatic difference between the eyes with and without. 

And this is the finished look! I applied the other lash and made afew touch ups! I also sprayed blue in the ends of her hair to finish the look.
Here's afew more photos...






Hope you've enjoyed this and you all have a wonderful Christmas :)

Hannah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment